There are many audio players for Linux, but many of them have some shortcomings, such as the absence of something as important as an equalizer. A very good one is Amarok, a player on which the great application is based Clementine which has been updated to version 1.3.0. This new version has arrived after a whole year of development, but has not yet done so in Ubuntu’s default repositories.
Clementine is a music player inspired by Amarok 1.4, but it is available for Linux, Windows and Mac. The app includes smart and dynamic playlists, support for CUE sheets, podcasts (for discovering and downloading) and can convert music to .mp3 and other formats, as well as many other features such as integration with many online services like Spotify , Soundcloud, Jamendo, Icecast, Magnature, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and onedrive. And what I like most is the lyrics and information from the artists. Who gives more?
How to install Clementine 1.3.0
Although I’m not in favor of adding repositories to update software that works well, I’d rather wait for them to be added to the officers, you can install Clementine 1.3.0 adding your repository, Which is achieved by opening a terminal and typing the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine
Once added, the repositories can be updated with the order sudo apt-get update and install it, but I would recommend launching the app Software Update, As it would detect the update automatically and I find it easier. If you did not have Clementine installed yet, you can install it either from the Software Center of your distribution or with the command:
sudo apt-get install clementine
New features included in Clementine 1.3.0
- Vk.com support.
- Seafile support.
- Ampache compatibility.
- New “Rainbow Dash” analyzer.
- New “Psychedelic Color” mode added to all analyzers.
- Added support for M4B in files without drm.
- Many improvements to Spotify, including the ability to pause tracks.
- Added HipHop and Kuduro equalizers.
- Remember current lists when restarting.
- IDv3 letter support.
- Added the option to change the off time when searching using the keyboard.
- Added Smart Lists for Subsonic.
- New services for lyrics: AZLyrics, bollywoodlyrics.com, hindilyrics.net, lololyrics.com, Musixmatch and Tekstowo.pl.
- Updated to GStreamer 1.0.
- Added AppData file by Clementine (for GNOME and KDE Software Centers).
- Ubuntu One, Discogs, Groveshark and GFM Radio have been removed.
- Various improvements and bug fixes.
Already installed it? What do you think of this new version of Clementine?