The Internet is full of all kinds of files: images, videos or PDF files are several examples. Any web browser has its own download manager, but these native managers do not offer many possibilities, not to mention the problems we may encounter if we interrupt a download. The best download manager has a name, JDownloader, And in this post we will show you how to install it on Ubuntu 16.04.
Install JDownloader via repository
The process of installing JDownloader is simple, but it would be much easier if it were available in Ubuntu Software such as the Kodi media player or the MAME emulator. To install and update in the best way, the best we can do is install from its repository following these steps:
- We open a terminal and write the following commands:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install jdownloader
- Then we run JDownloader. This will not yet open the application, but will download the necessary files so that we can run when the installation is complete.
- You will have to wait a while which can be longer or shorter depending on the updates that are available at the time of installation.
- Once the download and installation is complete, JDownloader will open and we will need to configure it. Although everyone can configure it as they see fit, I recommend doing it as follows: the first is to put it in Spanish and indicate the download directory.
- Below we indicate that we do not want to install the FlashGot extension. The installation will begin.
- It will tell us that JDownloader 2 Beta is available (we’ll see when it stops being beta, which takes years, literally). I recommend accepting and installing the latest version. We click on Continue.
- In the next step we click on start Installation.
- An installation wizard will appear in which we almost always have to go ahead (Next), as it does not install anything that could harm us. Once the wizard is finished, JDownloader 2 Beta will be installed and we will be able to download almost any type of file hosted on the internet, including YouTube videos.
Do you know how to install and download files with JDownloader from Ubuntu 16.04?