In the next article, I will teach you how to install the famous taskbar or Dock operating system Microsoft Windows 7.
with DockBarX, We will give the whole appearance of the taskbar of Windows 7 to our favorite Debian-based Linux distribution.
The taskbar it offers us DockBarX is fully functional and a perfect clone of Windows 7, Copying even thumbnail previews of the screens we have open in the session.
To install it correctly in ours Linux distro based on Debian we will have to do the following:
Add application repositories
To add the application’s own repositories, open a new terminal and run the following command line:
- its add-apt-repository ppa: nilarimogard / webupd8
We will update the repositories and packages with the following command:
And we will move on to installing the fabulous Windows 7 clone dock with the following command line:
- sudo apt-get install dockbarx dockbarx-themes-extra
With this we will have correctly installed the toolbar of Windows 7 on our Debian-based Linux operating system.
- Favorite applications can be anchored to the dashboard in the same way as in Windows 7.
- The program distinguishes between minimized and maximized windows.
- Ability to define whether an application anchored in the Dock has been started or not.
- Ability to support Topics
- Configuration options and mouse gestures.
- Configuration options for keyboard shortcuts.
- Preview of the application minimized in experimental mode yet, but with a quality that nothing should envy in Windows 7.
- In general a Dock with the appearance of Windows 7, But without any of its disadvantages.
A good way to start with Linux, And go through the operating system in a controlled and progressive way Microsoft to the best operating system in the world, which is none other than Linux.
Learn more – Zorin OS, the best way to make the leap from Windows to Linux