First of all, it should be mentioned that the use of Torrents for unethical purposes, as well as downloading movies online, is a dilemma that is always between what is legal and what is illegal. So everyone is responsible for the use of programs like Popcorn Time.
In this post we will talk about the new version of Popcorn Time, the improvements we can find, and how we can install / upgrade to this new version.
The main improvements of version 0.3.8 of Popcorn Time that we can find are:
- Node Webkit 12.1.
- option of Play next episode.
- Font customization.
- Optimization of error information.
- Mark content as seen o not seen.
- Stream subtitles with DLNA / UPnP.
- allows SSA / ASS subtitles, Together with TXT.
- The application adapts to the latest settings for your latest views.
- Play local video files in PT Player (Mp4, avi, mov, avi).
- support for multimedia keys.
- Launch of External Players in Full Screen.
- Translated Synopsis (Overview) for TV Series and Movies.
- P2P optimization and application traffic.
- “Make friends” button that allows you to open one random movie.
- Start Minimized Popcorn Time with the parameter -m in the execution of the output file.
- Displays a warning if the hard disk is almost full.
In addition, among others, they have fixed the following errors:
- List of movies.
- Many subtitles that did not appear now appear.
Install new version
Usually Popcorn Time is updated automatically, but for those who can’t wait they can install the new version 3.8.0 of Popcorn Time manually by going to your website and the button will be clicked Download beta 0.3.8. In this way, when downloading the complete project, we will have to interpret the project manually. But rest assured, those of Popcorn Time make it very easy for us. Therefore we follow the following steps:
- Unzip the downloaded .tar.xz file.
- We go (through the terminal, with the order cd) In the directory where we unzipped the file and placed it inside the folder Popcorn-Time-0.3.8-0-Linux-64. Once inside, if we run a ls we can see that there is a file called “install”.
- The archive «install » is a script written in bash that is in charge of the installation of the own program. To run it we can do it with the command:
- If we run another ls, We can see that one has been generated output file called Popcorn-Time. This file is the file resulting from the interpretation of the program, so if we run it, we can already start Popcorn Time. To do this we execute the command:
- To make it more convenient to initialize Popcorn-Time, and we do not have to be all the time running the command mentioned above, we can keep the Popcorn-Time launcher in the dock of Unit and so we can start whenever we want with single click.
Ale, that’s it finish. We already have the latest version of Popcorn Time installed on our PC.