In the following article I will introduce you to some of the programs that I consider essential install on any computer running Linux.
This is a list according to mine personal preferences to install on Ubuntu April 12, And it is not intended to be any ranking of the best programs for Linux.
This is a program that can not be missed in our Linux operating system, with it we can run as if Windows it was, a lot of software own operating system of Bill Gates.
To install and have periodic updates we must do the following:
We open a new terminal and add the Wine repositories:
- its add-apt-repository ppa: ubuntu-wine / ppa
To install from the terminal itself, type:
- sudo apt-get update to update repositories
- sudo apt-get install wine to install the application
We will now configure Wine:
In the same terminal we will type winecfg, Then a new window will open where we can configure ours sound card, As we will be shown the program windows and some more preferences.
This is another of the classics that should not be missed in any operating system that is prized.
virtual Box it is a operating system virtualizerWith it, we can run any operating system within our own system, without the need for an installation on a physical disk.
This is ideal for testing other operating systems without having to install them.
To add repositories and install the latest version of Virtual Box we will type the following:
- trovo deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $ (lsb_release -sc) contrib | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list
- wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add –
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
For this application there are too many words, as of now Who doesn’t know Dropbox?.
To install it from a terminal we will do the following:
We will first add the keys to the repository:
- sudo apt-key adv -keyserver pgp.mit.edu -recv-keys 5044912E
We will now install and integrate with nautilus: