Oomox is a utility for Ubuntu Linux that allows you to create different color variations for the popular Numix GTK2 and GTK3 themes. It has a lot of tools with which to create different themes almost effortlessly. Or if you prefer, you can make small adaptations to any of the predefined themes such as slight changes in the color tone.
The latest version of Oomox supports both GTK + 2 and GTK +3 themes and also includes themes from Openbox and Xfwm4. It has also been included support for Unity although, for this specific case, work is still being done on the support to change the color of the window buttons. It will be a matter of time before this feature is supported.
The latest version of Oomox 0.17 brings us the possibility to make adjustments in the rounded edges of the windows and play with color gradients, in addition to many other improvements.
The main changes we will see in this new version are:
- New predefined colors: gnome-colors monovedek-gray and superdesk.
- Option to apply rounded edges for GTK + 2.
- New rounded, configurable border feature for GTK + 3 themes, plus more selectable gradients for their themes and spacing between their elements.
- A new one has been included preview option by edges and gradients in the user interface.
- Now there is a possibility of create dark themes for GTK +3 from this version.
- Various program adjustments and fixes on GTK 3.20.
The GTK version you must have installed on your system is 3.16 or higher, which includes the operating system Ubuntu and all its main derivatives with Ubuntu GNOME, Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu MAT in versions 15.10 and 16.04.
Here are some screenshots so you can see for yourself the good effects that can be achieved for the desktop.
Superdesk in Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
Monovedek-gray and Unity (Ubuntu 16.04)