As many of you may already know, the final version of Firefox 4 is expected to be released in late February, And just yesterday was released the beta 9 of this highly anticipated browser that does merit to become my default browser.
So here’s a list of the 10 things I like most about Firefox 4, which will probably make me switch to Firefox from Google Chrome by the end of next month.
01. Eyelash groups: one of the most striking features of the new Firefox 4 is the ability to group tabs to improve their organization. Something quite useful for all of us who opened many tabs at once and sometimes related to very different topics, which can cause complete chaos on our desktop.
02. Cleaner interface: one of the aspects that definitely needed a change in Firefox was its interface, with the new minimalist design introduced by Google Chrome, opera and now Internet Explorer, it was time for Firefox to give us a more modern, clean and functional design, like the one that brings Firefox 4.
03. WebM support: We all know the great support Mozilla has always given to free technologies and web standards, so the new version of Firefox will offer support for the free WebM video codec, the same codec as Google plans to push it to become the standard for the tag .
04. Tab Selector: When we have many tabs open, they usually shorten their size to fit in the browser window, making it impossible to read the name of the tab and be able to identify it correctly. To fix this, the Firefox team implements a small button that will show us the full list of open tabs in the particular tab group where we are located.
05. Bookmarks Button – One of my favorite things about Chrome is to enable the bookmarks bar and have that button at the end of the bar that says “Other bookmarks” and allows me to see the full list of bookmarks without having to go to menu. Well Firefox 4 implements a similar button on the right side of the browser window, this will allow us to have all our bookmarks within walking distance and taking up no space.
06. Add-on window: The add-on window in the new Firefox is the window of a state-of-the-art browser. Gone was that ugly window that presented itself to us Firefox 3.6 to come this window that looks more like an App Center worthy of the best of mobile devices currently on the market.
07. App Tabs: We saw it in Google Chrome and we loved it, now Firefox 4 brings us App tabs, a technology that allows us to keep specific pages open all the time and stay that way between browsing sessions. All in one small tab on the left side of browser.
08. Sync: This is another feature of Google Chrome which attracted us to this browser, but now we also have it in Firefox natively, without the need to install an additional plugin.
09. Better performance: this is something that some time ago made you stop browsing with Firefox, the fact that it took a long time to open, consuming a lot of resources and sticking to the design of many websites is definitely something that a State – of – the – art browser should not have. Fortunately all of this has been fixed and Firefox is again a fast and lightweight browser.
10. Graphic acceleration: this is the last of the last, the ability to use the graphics processor of our computers when surfing the Internet, opens up a lot of possibilities in the distribution of web content and I think the most revolutionary than today we can find in browsers like Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Firefox 4 is not only that, it is much more and soon we will be able to enjoy all its dazzling features in a stable way in Firefox 4 end.
Tell us what you liked most about Firefox and what you don’t like because we make a list of the bad things that Firefox 4 can have at the moment.