As is typical in Canonical and close to the release of each new version of its operating system, in this case Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 (Yakkety Yak), begins a new edition of his wallpaper contest. The rules are pretty simple and give a lot of freedom to the designs, so there are no excuses for not contributing to our designs and, if you’re lucky, to see our work immortalized in the upcoming Ubuntu system.
Of all the images received, only ten will be selected for the final release and must be licensed under a Creative Commons agreement. It’s a great opportunity to support your favorite system and show your creativity to the world at the hands of Canonical.
Created on Flickr a group especially dedicated to this event. the rules for accepting background images of upcoming Ubuntu GNOME 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) are simple:
- The use of names or trademarks is not permitted commercial of any kind.
- References to Ubuntu GNOME are not allowed, As they may be derived from other distributions of the system.
- There can be no reference numbers in the versions of the subject itself. This is intended to provide continuity for other editions prior to 16.10 of the system.
- Images that may be considered inappropriate cannot be used, Offensive, racist, defamatory, inciting hatred, or showing some kind of torture. Nor will those who seek to provoke hatred towards any individual or group of people, promote discrimination or hatred on the grounds of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age be admitted. Similarly, religious, political or nationalist issues will not be accommodated.
- Sexually explicit images or provocative themes will not be accepted.
- no topics where they appear are supported weapons or any kind of violence.
- no images can be used wherever it appears or is made reference to alcohol, tobacco, or drugs Generally.
In the other hand, the requirements that the images that are sent to compete must comply with are:
- will be admitted a maximum of two designs per participant. Maximum image dimensions should be 2560 × 1440 px (best if they have a 16: 9 aspect ratio). images smaller than those indicated will not be considered for the contest.
- will be used the formats of PNG for illustrations and JPG for photographs.
- All compositions must comply with the Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 license and, unless otherwise indicated, will be considered as each and every one of their clauses will be accepted.
- If the design is based on another existing composition, it must be indicated as such.
Be quick the deadline is September 2.