Just over two months from the release of the next version Long Term Support, S’ha released Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS. This is a release that is based on improving the system, by name Trusty Tahr, Adding updates, bug fixes and security patches. It is recommended for installation to all users who have installed the previous versions of the latest LTS version of Ubuntu and all its official flavors, such as Lubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME or Kubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.4 improves hardware support older and not so old that it had not received support to date. Download requirements for a clean install have also been reduced. Everything included in this new version has been done while maintaining the stability of Ubuntu 14.04.3. Here are the other important news that includes Ubuntu 14.04.4.
What’s new in Ubuntu 14.04.4
- Updated version of Enablement Stack Hardware (HWE) composed by Linux Kernel 4.2 and an updated X11 stack of Ubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf”. LTS users who installed it from the 14.04 or 14.04.1 disk images will need to do the manual opt-in (more information) To receive the new HWE.
- New version of oxide-qt, The engine that drives the Ubuntu web browser.
- MTP support for the smartphone BQ Aquiaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition.
- Updated Facebook sharing using the key for the Shotwell photo manager.
- Improved keyboard navigation in Unity Dash.
- Now they can create shortcuts to applications dragging the icons of these from the Dash to the desktop.
For a more comprehensive list of all fixes and patches that have been included in this release, please visit THIS LINK.
Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS Trusty Tahr will be supported by updates and security patches until mid-2019 in both the desktop version and the Core and Server. To download any of the Ubuntu flavors updated to the latest LTS version, just visit the following links: