Years ago, games on Linux were very hard to find software. Now it’s not that all games are for Linux, but more and more titles are appearing. One of the most successful types of games since the release of the first version of Doom is FPS (FIRST Person Shooter) o first-person shots and a good FPS available on Linux is Warsow, A title that has reached version 2.0 and includes important news.
This second version comes after a year and a half of development and a lot of betas. there is more than 150 new features and improvements, Which should come as no surprise if we consider that it is a major update to the game. Below is a list of the top news coming to Warsow 2.0.
Main new features included in Warsow 2.0
- A tutorial has been added to help new users learn how to play Warsow.
- Several new graphic effects have been added.
- The user appearance algorithm (spawn) has been improved.
- Weapon settings have been modified to improve the balance of the game and make it more fun.
- The way has been added Flipped for those who want to face a challenge in which they have to brainstorm.
- Map colors can now have a color profile that enhances aesthetics. The map author can change the color settings and turn off changes from the options menu.
- Two new HUDs to play. The weapon and item icons have been redrawn in a more modern flat design.
- Pressing and holding the left Shift in Team Deathmatch, Bomb & Defuse, Capture the Flag, and CTF: Tactics modes now brings up a voicecomm context menu to help in cooperative mode.
You can download Warsow 2.0 from your website. All you have to do is click on Download, choose the desired option and then select Download again, but this time on the big orange button. You will download a tar.gz file of approximately 450mb.